Thursday, October 25, 2007

Nesting

I suspect that there is actually some validity to the whole "Nesting" phenomenon, despite it being politically incorrect to say so...

Molly has always been a fantastic cook, but lately she has been showing some unprecedented talent. I came home from work last Thursday night to a warm, home-made apple pie. It was delicious, and I literally ate half of the pie that night.


Molly's apple pie after my first helping.

Unfortunately, right when I thought things couldn't get any better, I woke up sick with a fever on Monday morning and had to come home from work a little early. Molly, knowing I wasn't feeling well, decided that she was going to make home-made chicken noodle soup for dinner. I suppose she could have just wanted me out of the house, I had been sitting on the couch all afternoon. Regardless of the motive, the soup did its trick and I was back at work the next day.

I have to admit that I've been feeling guilty for receiving all this special treatment. After all it is my job to make sure that she is the one feeling comfortable, not the other way around. I like this Nesting thing though...

In other news, my parents were in town for the weekend, so we loved being able to see them. They were babysitting James and Owen, so we spent most of the time hanging out, watching football, eating, taking walks and playing with the twins. We did make an effort to visit the Eastern Market on Saturday to take advantage of the farmer's market and check out the scene. I love taking James and Owen out in public because they evoke such a strong response from strangers. People generally love twins, and since James and Owen are both so cute and have such good personalities, they usually end up with crowds around them.

Molly and I ended our weekend with a nice romantic dinner in Georgetown, which gave us some time to unwind. Since she is so far along in her pregnancy, we have been going out to eat a lot. We always think that it might be our last chance, so we pick a restaurant that we have been wanting to try and make a big deal of the evening.


Heading out to dinner.

We are about to head into a doctor's appointment, so we might have some new baby-related news later this week.