It is not hard to get each other sick when you live in such tight quarters, and this was definitely something that I brought home from work. The first day I was out of the office, we had eight other people on my floor call in sick. I have a sneaking suspicion that I only caught this horrible sickness because I shaved my beard, which had been keeping me nice and healthy all winter.

Protective beard.
Matching socks.
It is so sad to see her sick.
Since recovering from the malaise of the flu, we have been anxious to get out of the house as much as possible. The long weekend allowed us to do all sorts of fun things, despite the semi-crappy weather. We took Mary Grace downtown to walk around the monuments and see a few museum exhibits. She didn't care too much about seeing anything outside, but really took a liking to the Museum of Natural History, where she smiled at the big roaring elephant in the rotunda. She also liked looking at the paintings in the National Gallery. She actually stared at the paintings rather intensely, looking at all of the different colors and shapes. I think we'll take her back there again soon. We also went out to Hains Point to see The Awakening one last time before they take it down (boooooo!).

Her favorite rattle is more entertaining than a sick Mom and Dad.

Feeling a little bit better.
Naked.
Valentine's Day - Our little cherub.
Big scary elephant.
Giant turtles.
"Uncle" Willy comes for a visit.

Finally sleeping well again.

Goodbye everyone. See you soon!