Sunday, March 30, 2008

Cherry Blossoms

We decided to head over to the Tidal Basin to get some family pictures while the cherry blossoms were in full bloom. We have lived in DC for close to five years and have never done this, so when Richard had the idea we jumped at the opportunity.

We tried to get out there before all of the tourists, but unfortunately they beat us out there. When we met Lanie, Richard, James and Owen at 8:00 on Saturday morning, the tourists were in full force and it was freezing cold and mighty crowded. Once we got out to the water, it was pretty cool to see the Jefferson Memorial with all of the flowers.

Afterwards we all went to breakfast at Open City, where we had lots of coffee and bacon.


Getting Mary Grace ready for pictures.


Her hat is a little messed up.


It was freezing beyond belief.


Jefferson in the background.


See the tourists?


The Mann family.


A Cherry Blossom.

Sunday was my 29th birthday... I think I am going to hang around 29 for a few years before heading up to 30.

Mary Grace has had an ear infection, so we really didn't feel right going out and leaving her with a babysitter. Instead, we decided to celebrate at home. Molly made a great Rice Krispy Treat cake and threw a fantastic party for the three of us.

I must give a huge shout-out to James and Owen for making some tasty birthday cupcakes. Needless to say I have been eating well this weekend.


Birthday party.


Blowing out the candles.


Mommy and Mary Grace enjoying the party.


"I like parties."


Good looking ladies.

Before we sign off, we want to welcome Davis Layne Metcalf into the world. Davis is the daughter of our friend (and former UNC teammate) Darrell Metcalf and his wife Morgan. She is absolutely beautiful, and I think she and Mary Grace are going to be a nasty 10,000/Steeple duo for the Tar Heels come the year 2028.

We are also eagerly waiting the arrival of Mary Grace's second cousin Jack Daniel Cerrone. We cannot wait to welcome him into the family.

Johnny, thanks for the birthday shout-out!