Friday, September 19, 2008

Merry-Go-Round

The first thing we want to do is give a huge shout-out to Johanna for being such a trooper this past week. We love you Jobee, and we are so thankful that you are healthy and recovering so fast. We miss you very much and promise to come and see you soon.

The last two weeks have been an absolute blur due to all of the preparations that we are making on our move back down to Winston-Salem. Molly and Mary Grace flew down to do some house shopping while I finished the week at work, and while they looked at close to twenty-five different houses, we couldn't bring ourselves to decide on one by the time I joined them over the weekend. We will probably end up renting while we keep our eye on the market; we don't want to rush into buying our first house without absolutely loving it. We have been renting for so long, this doesn't really bother us too much, although it certainly makes the move a little bit anticlimactic.

Other than gathering boxes and trying to plan for the move, we have managed to have some fun as well. Molly and I celebrated our fourth anniversary last week, and I still cannot believe how good I have it. I am truly the luckiest man alive to have such a great wife. We took it easy and spent the evening with Mary Grace, but plan on going out for a nice dinner together at Brasserie Beck this coming weekend.

My parents came up to Washington last weekend to celebrate James and Owen's third birthday. We had a great time opening gifts and eating the tasty train cake made by Lanie. We also took Mary Grace down to the Smithsonian Carousel on the National Mall for her very first merry-go-round ride. She loved every minute of it. She has a little mechanical rocking horse in her bedroom that "nehs" and makes other horse noises and movements, so she felt right at home and didn't want to get off after the merry-go-round finally stopped. If it hadn't been 300 degrees outside, we probably would have let her stay all day long.

Here are some pictures we managed to grab along the way:


Mary Grace flying "home" to Winston-Salem to do some house hunting.


"Look Mommy, I have my own seat!"


Daddy holding on tight to his precious cargo.


Quite the Mary-go-round... Get it? Sorry, awful joke...


Grandpa waving in the background.


James and Owen showing off their riding skills.