Tuesday, December 16, 2008

...Of All The Trees Most Lovely

Molly and I took Mary Grace up to Roaring Gap last weekend to pick out our Christmas tree and take our Christmas card picture. It was a beautiful day, albeit a little cold, but the weather definitely knocked some holiday spirit into our bones. We chose a little farm that was off the beaten path, mainly so that I could take the Jeep off-road for the first time.

Once we got to the farm, we bundled up and went off in search of the perfect tree... which really only took us about five minutes due to everyone being so cold. The guy wouldn't let me fell the tree myself, so he cut it down and we took it back to the car so that we could tie it to the roof. Meanwhile, the ladies found hot chocolate and cookies inside the trailer where you pay for the trees, so everyone was having a good time.

With the exception of having to stop halfway home to reattach the tree to the top of the car, we had a pretty flawless day, and I think we might have established a new family tradition.


Christmas tree farm.


Molly with her measuring stick.


Mary Grace staying warm and cozy.


Family picture.


An attempt at our Christmas card.


Mary Grace playing among the trees.


"Can I PLEASE put my coat back on now?"


Dragging the tree back to the car.


Molly and Mary Grace in the car with their hot chocolate.


Later that night after decorating the Christmas tree.