Friday, October 12, 2007

Gearing Up!

Work and life have been extremely hectic over the past week, leaving little time for us to sit down and update the blog with everything that has been going on. I hope that the coming weeks will be a little less chaotic.

Molly's parents came to visit us in Washington last weekend, and with them came the remainder of Baby Iauco's gear. We now have the apartment 100% ready for the big day, even though she is not expected for another three or four weeks. Molly and I had a great time visiting with Henry and Jane, and we were sad to see them leave after such a short visit. They were nice enough to treat us to dinner at BLT, an excellent steak house here in town. A major highlight of the evening was the 40-ounce Porterhouse shared by Henry and myself (a lot of cow).

On Monday evening, Molly and I attended the first of four Labor and Delivery classes at the hospital. I do not think I fully understood what actually happens in the delivery room until I sat though this class… and that is all I will say about that. Molly and I were very excited to learn that our teacher, Nurse Mel Gibson, is a native of Winston-Salem. Believe it or not, her father was actually born in the Reynolda House.

Classes resumed on Wednesday when we attended the Babycare Skills session. Here, we learned what to expect during the first few weeks of parenthood while honing our skills at changing diapers and swaddling baby dolls.

I presume that now that we have taken the classes, it should be a piece of cake from here...



...Just kidding.

In other news, we have literally rearranged the entire apartment to make room for the baby. Molly's parents brought us the cradle and the rest of Baby Iauco's clothes last weekend, so it finally became a necessity to organize all of the boxes we have had lying around the room. We think Baby Iauco will like her new home.


Molly rocking the cradle.



Baby Iauco's bed.


We're ready for some dirty diapers.


Mommy and the Moses basket.