Friday, May 30, 2008

A Beautiful First Word

It must be announced that Mary Grace officially uttered her first word over the weekend.

That word was "Dada."

At first there was some confusion over whether she was actually referring to me, or just making random noises, but it was later confirmed that she was talking about me... her father. Very exciting times; she is extremely intelligent. If she could eat normal food, I would buy her an ice cream cone, and a puppy, and a pony, and whatever else she wanted. Instead I bought her some Winter Squash flavored baby food, her favorite.

Molly and I have been very busy getting ready to move into our new apartment. I am sure we will detail the move on the next post, as it has been taking up a lot of our time. We are starting to feel very nostalgic about leaving our current place; there have been quite a few good memories at 3808 Davis Place NW. After all, this was the apartment that was chosen just a few weeks before our wedding. This is where I carried Molly over the threshold after the honeymoon, and where we brought Mary Grace home from the hospital. A lot has happened here, so we will be sad to say goodbye.

Our new place is going to be a lot of fun though, we have a big pool where Molly and Mary Grace can spend their days this summer. Mary Grace will now officially have her own nursery, only seven months after she was born.

In other news, we enjoyed a visit from my parents a few weeks ago, and had a relaxing memorial Day weekend in town with Lanie, Richard, James and Owen. The Manns had us all over for a cookout at their house on Memorial Day, and I must say that the fare was outstanding. The cookout deserves a post of its own, so I will try to get those pictures on the blog in short order. Until then, here are some pictures taken over the last few weeks.


Eating dinner with Grandma and Grandpa at Pizzeria Paradiso.


Nap time with Owen.


After a tasty brunch at Open City on Mother's Day.


A family walk.


Bottle time.


"Daddy, I am sooo ready to start crawling."


Foot in mouth.


Baby burka.


Good morning sleepy!