Mary Grace and I decided that we were going to go on a little date last Saturday, so we woke up early and went to one of our favorite breakfast spots,
Simply Yummy. We were the only people in the little restaurant at the time, so the wait staff really didn't seem to mind us throwing oatmeal all over the walls and breaking the salt shaker on the floor. We had a pretty good time. After breakfast, we took a long walk through
Reynolda Gardens and spent some time sitting in the grass watching the waterfall. After our walk, we broke the rules and visited Krispy Kreme for a sprinkled, chocolate-covered, glazed doughnut. Saturdays with Daddy are very fun.
One quick piece of information... We took Mary Grace out to the Wake Forest track the other day to run around while I ran some laps. She loved it. She ran all the way around the track before doing some sprints in the infield and playing on the High Jump mats. I think we may have a little Track Star on our hands.
Eating breakfast at Simply Yummy.
Playing near the waterfall.
Krispy Kreme delight.