Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Mary Grace!

Our little girl turns two today. It honestly seems like yesterday that we were sitting in that hospital room trying to figure out how to properly hold her, feed her and burp her. I cannot believe how fast it has gone by. Mary Grace has honestly made our lives so rich, words cannot even begin to describe the last two years.

I just got back from her birthday party a few minutes ago, and it is just so nice to see her surrounded by all of her friends, having fun, eating cake and going crazy. I know that in the blink of an eye she is going to be turning eighteen, and that breaks my heart. We realize that she is only two, but that seems so old to us right now. We'll have lots of pictures about the party in a forthcoming post, I promise.

Every single day she impresses me with what she has learned and how much she has accomplished. She is such a smart little girl with a very expressive personality. She is the love of our lives.

Like last year, I filmed a short interview with Mary Grace on her birthday. This time, I caught her right before she went to sleep (way past her bedtime) last night.