Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving

November was a pretty busy month for Mary Grace. Following her birthday, we took a quick trip down to Athens, Georgia before hosting Thanksgiving at our house, so pretty much every weekend was chock full of excitement.

Athens was fantastic. Mary Grace had a grand time playing with Charlotte and Henry on their turf, and Molly and I had a blast hanging out with Colin and Jackie. The adults went to the Georgia football game that Saturday night, and I feel pretty confident saying that college football doesn't get much better than Sanford Stadium.

We decided to host Thanksgiving at our house this year since we have freeloaded off of everyone else for the past thirty years. It is a little more work than you might think, but definitely worth the trouble. Molly took on the bulk of the responsibility, but I knew it was going to be my job to carve the turkey. I did my homework in the weeks leading up to the big day so that I wouldn't butcher Molly's beautiful bird. We got the turkey from our local farmer's market, which has turned out to be a huge blessing for us. Not only do they have great produce, meats and penny candy, but it is also within walking distance. They also talked us into getting a nine-pound ham to go along with the turkey. I think most would agree that everything turned out exceptionally well.

Mary Grace sat at the table with all of the adults, and actually ate quite a good amount of food. She seemed to enjoy the overall sense of celebration, and managed to be on her best behavior for most of the evening.


Playing with Charlotte and Henry in Athens.


Henry and Uncle Nick.


Mary Grace enjoying Henry's car.


All three cousins in front of the Uga Buddha at the Mellow Mushroom in Athens.


Watching a movie with Henry and her big cousin Charlotte.


Lollipops at 9:00 am. We were trying way too hard to get a Christmas card photo for the grandparents.


Molly's Thanksgiving table.


Preparing the bird!


Breakfast with Meemaw.


Aprons and fruit salad.


The ladies.


Thanksgiving picture.


The wonderful spread.


Meat.


Ready to dig in!