Sunday, April 27, 2008

Pony Up

Molly and I took Mary Grace to visit our friends Nina and Ian at their house in Middleburg. The drive was beautiful once we got out of the city, and we finally got to take the Jeep onto some dirt roads. Mary Grace loved looking at the horses, and we had fun visiting with friends and breathing the fresh Virginia air.

Nina and Ian also invited their friends Hank and Marcia. Hank is an older man who lost his left hand in a tractor accident when he was in his twenties. It was really interesting to hear his point of view on life without one of his hands. Basically, he said that it hasn't stopped him from doing anything at all. He is an avid outdoorsman and even makes his own fly rods, one of which I got to see. Molly and I enjoyed talking with him, asking him questions and hearing what he had to say.

All in all, we had a fantastic time and really appreciate the invite. Mary Grace was on her best behavior the whole time, which pretty much guarantees that she had a good time as well.


Driving into Middleburg.


Family picture on the front porch.


Driving to the stables (just down the driveway).


Molly, Nina, Mary Grace and Angus.


Mary Grace meets Earl.


Horses really like babies.


She tries to eat any flower she gets her hands on.


Playing in her bouncy "exersaucer."


Modeling her new flower petal bib.


"Leave me alone, I am busy."


Just having fun being chubby.